Nominations of Candidates for the CRIC Board
The Canadian Research Insights Council (CRIC) is seeking nominations for candidates to fill four positions on its Board of Directors that are up for renewal. CRIC welcomes nominations from leaders across our industry including those on the client-side and in agencies specializing in new and innovative approaches to gathering insights.
The CRIC Board of Directors provides oversight, guidance and support to ensure CRIC achieves its strategic priorities:
- Increase member value to grow a membership that represents leading and emerging companies that commit to the highest standards
- Maintain the highest standards, ethics and best practices in the research, analytics and insights industry
- Increase profile and impact of CRIC as the voice of the research, analytics and insights industry in Canada through advocacy
- Maintaining public and client confidence/trust in research and encourage evidence-based decision making
- Support the advancement and growth of the research, analytics and insights industry through thought leadership
- Ensure operational excellence including sound financial management
Key duties and responsibilities of Board members include
- Protecting the interest of the public, the industry and members;
- Acting consistently in accordance with CRIC standards and following exemplary ethical and business practices;
- Setting and approving the strategic direction and objectives of CRIC;
- Approving annual business plans and performance targets
- Approving policies;
- Monitoring and evaluating the financial performance and ongoing operations including the annual financial statement review;
- Appointing, setting the compensation, and managing and evaluating the performance of CRIC’s chief staff person; and
- Acting as an ambassador of CRIC
- Participating in monthly, one-hour CRIC board video conferences
- Participating in up to two in-person meetings annually
- Attending the Annual General Meeting;
Download the nomination form.
Nominees must submit a Nomination Form, Candidate Statement, Bio and Photo to John Tabone by November 9, 2021 at 9pm Eastern Time.
Candidate Statement, Bio and Photo
The Candidates Statement must not exceed 500 words and should provide details on why you are interested in joining the CRIC Board. You are encouraged to answer the following questions:
- What are the greatest opportunities and challenges facing the research, analytics and insights industry?
- What skills and experience do you bring to the Board?
- How will you add value as a member of the CRIC Board?
Please also include a short bio that does not exceed 250 words and a colour, head and shoulders photo that can be included on the voting website.
September 29: Call for nominations issued.
November 9: Nominations close.
November 10-12: Review of candidates by CRIC Nominating Committee.
November 15: Candidates notified of results of review.
November 17: Deadline for candidate withdrawal.
November 18: Candidates statements, bios and photos posted to the CRIC Website and online voting begins (if required).
November 29: Voting closes at 9pm Eastern Time.
December 1: Election Results announced.
Thank you for considering a nomination for the CRIC Board and for your commitment to the research, analytics and insights industry.
Please email any questions to John Tabone, Chief Administrative Officer, CRIC